Web.com is known for offering both simple, no-frills hosting plans and a best website builder. The initial signup rate is very attractive at just under $2; however, the regular rates for the second month and thereafter aren't quite justified by the quality of hardware, support, or commerce features, in our opinion.
A free domain is included with each plan, which is a useful perk; however, the renewal rates are incredibly expensive at $37, so plan to move your site before the year is through.
Web.com has a very nice site builder, as well as support for WordPress, Drupal, Joomla, and most other popular open-source scripts. Furthermore, you can opt to have one of the company's experts design a custom site from scratch for you, which is incredibly appealing to business owners who don't want to get their hands dirty with code. From domains and SSL certificates to web hosting and social media promotion, Web.com offers full website lifecycle hosting services. Again, just be aware of renewal costs,
All the Basics Covered
- Web.com starts customers off with all the hosting essentials: ample storage allowances, unlimited data transfer, and a free domain. You can literally have your account set up and a webpage live in less than 10 minutes.
- Along with your complimentary domain, you'll get a free email address. Web.com lets you create up to 25 multi-user email inboxes.
- Domain renewal fees are the one thing we'd be wary of, as $37/year is pretty pricey. We would recommend, however, that you take advantage of the domain privacy feature, which is only about $2/month!
Email and Online Marketing Fit for Business
- Web.com's email hosting touts spam and virus protection, and both POP3 and SMTP support are standard. Even when you're unavailable, you can keep in touch with clients or customers by setting up auto-responders.
- With email storage allotments exceeding 100GB, Web.com gives you everything you need to run your business.
- Once you're happy with your site's look and feel, you're ready to advertise! The company prides itself on its online marketing services, which allow you to broadcast your company via Facebook, online search, and email campaigns.
Take Advantage of Open-Source Applications
- Web.com supports most popular open-source scripts, featuring single-click installations for WordPress, Drupal, and Joomla.
- If you're familiar with coding and would like to customize your site's HTML and CSS, you can do so in PHP, Python, or Ruby on Rails.
- Users get unlimited MySQL databases, and online store owners should take advantage of Magento or OScommerce.
Scalable and Reliable Services
- Web.com's uptime rates average 99.99%, which is an industry standard and ample reliability for most shared hosting users.
- With automatic backups and site restore functionality, Web.com lets you rest assured your website data is in good hands.
- Customers have ample disk space to work with and all the means to grow a web presence.